Wedding planning can be stressful! Don't forget to make time every once in awhile to have a date night with your fiancé! Here are a few date ideas for when you want to try something new:
1. Stay in, make some popcorn and hot coco, cuddle up under blankets and have a movie marathon.
2. Find a new recipe and try cooking it together.
3. Have a "restaurant jar"- put a bunch of names of restaurants that you've never tried before in a jar and when you feel like dining out, pick a restaurant from the jar and enjoy experiencing something new together.
4. Find your inner child- Make a fort in the living room with blankets and pillows and color in adult coloring books. Bonus Challenge- No technology for the night!
5. Go out for Karaoke night- Doesn't matter whether you have a great voice or not. With a few drinks in, you'll be belting out "Oops... I Did It Again" as good as Britney herself!
6. Have a backyard bonfire, make smores and reminisce.
7. Take ballroom dance lessons and then go out for a night on the town showing off your newest moves, everyone will be impressed!
8. Pick a fun craft like painting and see who can make the best piece of artwork. (Painting can be a great stress reliever).
9. Hit up the slopes and go skiing or snowboarding. (Summer: Waterskiing) Getting your adrenaline pumping together builds a stronger bond.
10. Test drive some new cars- Whether you're buying or not, everyone deserves a little joy ride in your dream car every once in awhile!
11. Check out local events- Check your local paper or Facebook for upcoming events. You might be able to find a great farmers market or festival and meet other couples in the community!
12. Just get out of the house and go for a drive with no destination and don't stop until you find something you want to explore. Roll the windows down, turn the music up, and belt your heart out.
13. Have a fancy dinner night at home. Instead of going out to a 5 star restaurant, try cooking a fancy recipe at home. Dress up nice, put some soft music on and enjoy your candle lit dinner.
14. Want to go on an adventure? Grab your phone, get outside and go geocaching. It's a modern day treasure hunt where people hide their "cache" (treasure) in different places all around the world and tag it online with gps coordinates. Check it out at www.geocaching.com.
15. Make your own beer or wine- This will usually take longer than just one day, but once your drink is ready, you'll be able to have a relaxing night in, enjoying your yummy creation.
16. Volunteer together at a local rescue mission or home for the elderly. Putting others before yourselves will really put things into perspective and help you to see how blessed you are and will grow your bond.
17. Have a picnic in the park.- It might seem kind of cliché but how many people actually take the time to do it. Pack a blanket, a basket full of treats and a bottle of wine and relax and enjoy nature while enjoying each other. Picnics can be so fun and peaceful! (Bonus: Bring a kite to fly!)
18. Be a tourist of your own town- Most of us never actually take the time to enjoy the "tourist" attractions our own town has to offer. Spend the day exploring and enjoying all that your home town has to offer. Whether it be a local brewery (Go for a tour of the Saranac Brewery in Utica, so worth it), museum, or historical building, explore it all with a fresh perspective!
Stay tuned for more tips for bride's-to-be!
Have any questions or ideas for me? Feel free to reach out and contact me!